Rules and Regulations
9th Annual Granite Hills Walleye Derby
Catch Record Release
Lac Du Bonnet, MB
Date: July 8 / 2017
- Registration at Gigi’s Restaurant (Granite Rec Park) from 8 am to 10 am on July 8.
- Start fishing at 10 am (Rain or Shine) and be off water by 4 pm
- All fish (Walleye or Sauger only) entered must be in a picture on a ruler or measuring tape with pinched tail and released right away.
- NO fishing in any water deeper than 4.6M or 30 feet
- Only 1 fish entry (picture) allowed per person
In case of tie, coin toss will be used to decide winner
- Judge’s decision is final (everybody have fun!)
- Manitoba Sport Fishing Rules apply
- Please ensure to make sure to follow Manitoba Aquatic Invasive Species rules and wash you boat, motor, trailer and live wells before coming and once you leave. Also make sure to drain live wells and take out your boat plug.
- Launch boat anywhere or fish off the shore. Meet back at Granite Hills Rec Park stage (Gigi’s) at 4:30 to show pictures to judges and then have a pulled beef dinner courtesy of Danny’s Whole Hog!! Thanks Danny Kleinsasser! Please bring a lawn chair for the dinner!!
- Crawlers, Leeches and Frozen Minnows will be available at Gigi’s Store at the Granite Hills Park. They also have a restaurant and LC.
- Prizes awarded to the 3 biggest walleye or sauger caught (Men’s / Ladies and Kid’s (Under 12) divisions)
- Door prizes: (14’ Alumacraft Jon Boat, Clothing, Gift Certificates Rods, Reels, Tackle, Art, Gift Certs and much much more! We are making sure that every kid fishing gets a prize!
- Silent Auction and 50/50 Draws… BRING CASH!!! 1-4 Hour Guided Catfish Trip with Todd Longley of City Cats, 2-Farmery Beer Fridge, shirts and glasses donated by Ark Logistics, 3- Chainsaw carved fishing bear donated by Keith Grift.
- $25 per Person / $10 for Kids under 12
- Dinner only” fee is $10 per Person
We had 181 fisher peeps last year. We are getting food for the first 200 people that register so come and register early.